Cores are automatically fed into a sorting unit where they are aligned and staged in the autoloader, and put on the core shaft. Core shafts are automatically transferred to the autoloader.
This fully-automatic surface rewinder inserts the core shaft into the rewinding station, cuts the tails, wraps the tails around the cores, tucks the tails, winds the roll to the desired length, transfers the rolls to the sealing station, seals the tails of the finished rolls, transfers the rolls to an exit conveyor and conveys the rolls outside of this surface rewinding machine.
1. PLC and HMI touch screen.
2. Recipe screens.
3. Diagnostic screens.
4. Automatic acceleration and deceleration calculations based on master roll diameter and material type.
5. Automatic brake puck selection based on roll diameter.
6. VPN for remote diagnostics.
7. Large core hopper to automatically fill the core sorting unit of this fully-automatic surface rewinder as required.
8. Core sorting unit to orient cores for insertion into the rewinding station of the surface rewinding machine.
9. Automatic core insertion system.
10. Automatic tail tucking system for 1/2” to 1” OD cores. (12.7mm to 25.4mm).
11. Automatic tail cutter.
12. Automatic gluing system (optional tabbing unit is available).
13. Exit conveyor for automatic roll removal of finished rolls.
Production / Cycle Time Estimates
150feet (45meters): 24seconds
180feet (55meters): 25seconds
328feet (100meters): 35seconds
Flexographic printing: it is used for online printing when slitting rolls, paper accumulation buffer keeps the printing nonstop during the cycles gap, up to 4 color on-line printing.
Web Speed (1-Ply)
Web Width (customer specified)
Unwind Roll Diameter
Unwind Roll Weight
Rewind Diameter (smaller rewind diameter available)
Rewind Shaft O.D.
Rewind Core O.D.